Load boards, also known as truck load boards, are platforms that promise to make freight operations more effective and cost-friendly. A truck load board works much like a job portal, where two interested parties can find each other. In this case, it’s about shippers and carriers. Load boards are a smart example of how technology can propel a traditional industry, and the services offered by these websites are particularly useful for freight brokers, carriers and shippers. Here’s a quick glance at the benefits.
- Not all loadboards are paid. As such, you don’t have to pay anything to sign up and use the full range of the services. Also, it’s not true that paid ones are better. Free load boards often have all kinds of shippers and carriers, even the small ones that cannot afford to get listed. As such, you can expect to get the best listings, no matter whether you are a carrier or a shipper.
- Carrier are often concerned about the credibility of freight brokers. Many load boards offer credit reports for some of the leading names, so that carriers can do business in a more proficient and calculative way.
- Carriers can find load postings in a second for their area. Some of the load boards also specialize in offering emails for matched loads and shipping containers. You get real time notifications, which are quite handy for using the available trucks and containers.
- Shippers can use load boards to find available containers and vehicles as and when needed. In case there is a match available, the concerned load board will send a real-time email, so that the concerned broker or shipper can get connected to the carrier without spending huge. This is a big advantage for anyone who doesn’t want to wait to get their freight loaded.
- Many load boards also offer financing help for the trucking and freight industry, which is a big advantage for small-scale businesses and carriers. You can check the terms and conditions in advance and can also get loans against unpaid invoices. For businesses that need working capital, this is the best way to gain funds in a short time.
If you need to know more about load boards, check online now. Select a load board that’s easy to use and doesn’t have a long set of requirements. You may want to check if they offer additional services like the ones mentioned above. Sending loads and getting freight customers shouldn’t be hard anymore.